Moms come in all shapes and sizes, so when it comes to Mother’s Day cards, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. Thankfully, designing the cover of your Mother’s Day card using BeFunky’s Card Maker templates is the easy part (especially with our step-by-step guide). But when it comes to what you actually write on your card, how do you say Happy Mother's Day in a unique way?
We’ve rounded up the most amazing mother quotes for every type of mom – from the funny or sentimental mom, to the new mom, your mother-in-law, your grandma, and more! No matter what special woman you’re dedicating your card to this Mother’s Day, you won’t be short on ideas on what to write.
The Sentimental Mom
Does your mom keep every painting, story, or craft project that you completed as a kid (even if that was 20 years ago?). Or perhaps her fridge is covered in photos of you and your siblings for her to admire year-round? Either way, these beautiful words for mothers will have her shedding a tear for all of the right reasons:
- Dear Mom: For all you do and all you are, we love you with all our hearts.
- To the world, you are a mother, but to us, you are our world. Happy Mother’s Day!
- A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend. Happy Mother’s Day Mom.
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my mother.
- Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
The Faraway Mom
If you or your mom live in another state or country, you might not get to see each other nearly as often as you’d like. While modern technology makes this a lot easier, there’s still no substitute for a personalized card that’s straight from the heart.
Here are some heart-warming Mother’s Day quotes from a daughter or son who won’t let distance spoil the big day:
- Near or far, I’m always so grateful for the wonderful mom you are.
- Sending love and hugs across the miles to the best mom ever.
- Distance means so little when you mean so much to me, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Mom, you've always been a star to me. I may not always see you, but I know you're always there.
- Happy Mother’s Day! Sending lots of virtual hugs and kisses your way.
The Funny Mom
If your mom enjoys a good joke, then it only makes sense for you to create a customized Mother’s Day card that’ll get her chuckling. Whether she loves a good pun or is all about the sass, the following Mother’s Day quotes have got her sorted:
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I turned out pretty cool, all because of you!
- Words cannot ESPRESSO how much I love you.
- Happy Mother’s Day, from your favorite child (don’t worry, I won’t tell the others).
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend, my greatest teacher, and my cheapest therapist.
- Mom, I love you, but I will never accept your Facebook friend request.
Fairy tales have often painted pictures of evil stepmothers, but actually, most of them are pretty awesome. If you’ve been blessed with a fantastic “bonus mom”, be sure to show her how much you appreciate her presence in your life this Mother’s Day.
The following quotes will help you put that gratitude into words:
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best second mom there is! Thank you for everything that you do for us.
- I know we look a little different and don’t have the same genes, but you know what being a mother really means. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for being an amazing friend and stepmom. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To my stepmom: you may not have given me the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you.
- Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and love.
She’s the person who gave birth to your other half, so it only makes sense to share some special words for your mother-in-law too. These heartfelt Mother’s Day quotes will show her just how thankful you are for her to be a part of your life:
- I couldn’t let Mother’s Day go by without thanking you for raising a wonderful human to be my partner in life.
- Marriage made you my mother-in-law, but love made you my friend. Happy Mother’s Day!
- To my fabulous mother-in-law. Thank you for all the kindness, generosity, and love you have shown me over the years.
- Happy Mother’s Day! You’re the best mom, mom-in-law, and grandma we could ever ask for!
- Let’s just drop the “in-law” part. Love you, Mom!
The Mother-to-Be or New Mom
Do you have a friend or relative who has just recently joined the mom club? Or perhaps they have a tiny human on the way and are counting down the weeks until they become a mother for the first time? Either way, Mother’s Day is a wonderful time to congratulate them on their journey.
The following quotes are sure to make them smile:
- Wishing you so much love and joy today as you wait for the arrival of your little one!
- Welcome to motherhood. You’re already rocking it!
- Happy First Mother’s Day! Now put your feet up and relax; you deserve it!
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. We’re so glad you get to experience this joy.
- Wishing the mom-to-be a wonderful Mother’s Day! Don’t worry, sleep is overrated anyway!
Just like mothers, grandmothers are often there for their grandchildren through thick and thin, providing them with endless support, love, and affection. Mother’s Day is the perfect day of the year to celebrate that unique bond. Here are some simple words that’ll win you over some extra brownie points (and maybe a bigger slice of pie next time you visit):
- Happy Mother’s Day to the world’s best grandma! You’ll always have your own special place in my heart.
- A grandparent is like a parent, a teacher, and a friend. Happy Mother’s Day Gran!
- Only a grandmother as wonderful as you could have a grandchild as wonderful as me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day Grandma! You were such a great mom that you got promoted to grandmother!
- Dear Grandma, thanks for all the cookies and love.
There are plenty of quotes about a mother’s love, but what can you write to the person who technically isn’t your actual mom, but is someone you look to for that motherly guidance?
Show her just how much you appreciate her role in your life with the following touching Mother’s Day quotes:
- For all you do, you do with love. You are so special, a gift from above.
- Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing woman I’ll always admire, appreciate, and love!
- I just wanted to recognize you on Mother’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life.
- Even though you didn't birth me, you've been a wonderful "mother" to me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Some mothers you're born with and some you choose. Thanks for allowing me to choose you.
What’s the Best Message for Your Mother?
Once your Mother’s Day card design is complete, you can either send it digitally or print it out to give it to your recipient in-person or send via the post. For digital Mother’s Day cards, we recommend saving your design as a high-quality JPG file. To keep your design in the most optimal quality for printing, be sure to save it as a PDF file in Print Quality.
With 40 touching Mother’s Day quotes to choose from, you should now have no trouble finding the perfect way to express your love for any important mother in your life. And when it comes to designing your card, BeFunky’s Card Maker has all of the premade card templates you could ever ask for, including Mother’s Day-themed ones! Simply edit the text, swap out a photo, or switch up the color scheme to add that personalized touch.
Go on, try the Card Maker today to see just how great it is!