Black and White images can be one of the most beautiful forms of art, whether it be the works of Ansel Adams or your Instagram feed. Let us gather round, then, and sing the praises of black and white photography.
1. Black & White conveys drama.
Those clouds, tho. Skylines are more vivid. Lines are bolder. Everything can look more dramatic in black & white. (Photo Credit: pink.merton)
2. Black & White is calming.
Things can seem softer and more peaceful in black and white. (Photo Credit: LittleShyStar)
3. Black & White can highlight color.
The absence of color overall can really highlight what you do choose to portray in color. (Photo Credit: lisashalom)
4. Black & White can hide a multitude of sins.
Fluorescent light? Washed out color? Maybe your face looks a little weird?
That's what Black & White is for, son. (Photo Credits: Me)
5. Black & White can be simple.
Those shoes could be bright red. Those pants could be fuchsia. But black and white can strip away those distractions and leave you with nothing but soft tones. (Photo Credit: beanjoy)
6. Black & White can highlight detail.
Ask your if you would've looked at this photo differently if it were in color. Would you notice the writing on the last car? The gravel on the ground? (Photo Credit: sarah.murtagh)
7. Black & White can convey emotion.
Some photos don't need a caption. (Photo Credit: juliearsa)
8. Black & White can be thoughtful.
If you want to lend a pensive air to a photo, strip away the color. (Photo Credit: Mano_billi)
9. Black & White glories in the light.
It's all light. Beautiful, glorious light. (Photo Credit: tamisan.mcwhorter)
10. Black & White is timeless.
Period attire is completely optional, though. (Photo Credit: jillguindon)